With age, various diseases lodge in the body. Some secret diseases also occur at one stage. Andropause is such a disease.
The main hormone responsible for masculinity is testosterone. As men get older, their testosterone levels gradually decrease. Andropause is caused by a decrease in testosterone in the body.
The symptoms of endopause and the details of the professor said. Saifuddin Ekram.
Hormone levels in our body change with age. The hormones that are responsible for regular menstruation in girls, usually between the ages of 45 and 50, suddenly decrease and menopause occurs. In English it is called menopause.
In men, the levels of the hormones responsible for masculinity do not suddenly decrease. But gradually its levels began to decline and this change lasted for several years.
At one stage many features of masculinity are lost. Most medical scientists call the disappearance of masculine features andropause.
In the absence of the hormone testosterone, men’s sexual needs, mental strength, etc., gradually change. After an average age of 30, its levels decrease by 1% per year; It is usually less than half the normal level in the body of a 60-year-old man. Some people may have lower levels.
When the level of testosterone hormone decreases, various symptoms can be seen. E.g.-
- Changes in the normal sexual behavior of men. The testicles of many people become smaller in two shapes and sexual weakness occurs.
- Sleep changes: Many men’s sleep patterns change. Many can suffer from insomnia.
- Physical changes: The amount of fat in the body increases, the amount of muscle decreases and the ability to do heavy work decreases. Decreases bone density. Many men have breast enlargement and it can be painful. Many people lose their hair and baldness, and some people suddenly feel a flash of heat in their body.
- Emotional change: The desire to work decreases a lot. In addition to losing interest in work, many also lose confidence. The excitement of youth, the force of the mind, the urge to conquer all; As a result of the decrease in the amount of testosterone, it disappears somewhere. Many cannot concentrate on any task in the same way, memory is impaired; Many may even suffer from varying degrees of depression.
This can often be due to other physical ailments such as thyroid problems, depression, excessive alcohol consumption, or side effects of medication. Therefore, it is reasonable to make a decision after examination under the supervision of a physician.
Decreased testosterone in adulthood is not a disease of end menopause or andropause. It is just a changed stage or stage of life. The goal should be to enjoy this new phase of life and make it happy by accepting it naturally. It is not possible for testosterone to be made again in the normal process at the last age. However, there are some things that are useful to keep in mind
- It is better to talk directly with the doctor about this. Problems can be solved if the problem is not due to old age but due to some other ailment or side effect of the medicine.
- Must be aware of lifestyle. Such as- eating healthy and nutritious food, exercising regularly and exercising etc. A healthy lifestyle helps to increase physical strength and mental arousal.
- A doctor’s advice should be taken for depression. When testosterone levels fall, men’s libido and emotional arousal decrease. Depression can cause a person to lose his temper, prefer to be alone, and withdraw from social activities. Depression can also be caused by overwork, over-indulgence, or dangerous activities.
- Be careful about taking forest medicines. Hormones cannot be increased by drinking the juice of plants or leaves. There is a risk of liver or kidney damage after consuming these.
- Many people benefit from testosterone replacement therapy. However, there is controversy over its effectiveness.
Read More – Newborn care guideline 2022