There are many reasons why ear infections increase in winter season. People of any age can suffer from this problem. Infections of the middle ear and inner ear are mainly caused by bacteria or viruses. According to experts, the number of ear infections increases in winter compared to other times of the year.
This may be due to the effect of omicron during coronal period. In this case also middle ear infection is appearing. Then there is fluid in the ear due to that infection. This liquid is being deposited behind the ear drum. If this liquid is not cleaned, various problems are created.
Why is there an ear infection in winter?
Experts say that although the winter is comfortable, the weather creates various problems. In winter, many bacteria and viruses become active. That’s why the problem is much more. In the past, in most cases, this problem was seen in children. But now this problem is more or less seen in everyone. Therefore, experts have advised everyone to be careful.
Symptoms of an ear infection
- Ear pain
- Ear itching
- Ear swelling
- Fluid coming out of the ear
- Can’t hear
- Frequent locks in the ears
According to experts, ear pain is much more severe than other types of pain. The pain is exacerbated by the cold weather.
How to cure ear pain?
- Do not neglect any ear problems. Quickly take antibiotics, antiallergic and pain medications as advised by the doctor.
- If there is pain in the ear, give hot toast. This reduces the pain a lot.
- The ears should always be kept clean. Also make sure that no water gets inside the ear.
- Make sure that the ears do not feel cold. For this you can wear hat, head band, muffler etc.
- Don’t forget to clean the ears with cotton buds. The problem will increase.
- Don’t even try to put a finger in the ear. Because the germs in the hand can reach the ear in this case.
- Ear problems can also increase due to smoking. So get rid of this habit.
- Be careful if you feel cold. Seek medical advice immediately and take regular medication.